Wednesday 17 May 2023

Watercolour Wednesday - Cheerful Daisies

 Hello again, I am so pleased that I chose the Cheerful Daisies this week as the weather has been so very lovely here, it's been what I call lovely smiling weather. Today's card is one that I have seen done several times but I never had the luck of making it turn out right. I started by choosing 3 similar colours. The first is Fresh Freesia, then it's Highland Heather and finally Gorgeous Grape. I first of all spritzed the piece of Fluid 100 water colour paper in water really well. Then starting with the lightest, I stamped a Stampin' Up! acrylic Block C onto the ink pad and made sure it was covered in ink. I spritzed the block with water and placed it onto the paper. Where I had gone wrong before was that I lifted the block off. I shouldn't have. I tipped the block lightly from side to side and top to bottom so that the ink on the block covered the whole of the square that I wanted covering. I repeated with the other 2 colours but as the Gorgeous Grape ink is quite strong, I didn't over ink it. All 3 blocks were overlapped and dried really well. 

I stamped the large and small line images and inside colours onto white paper then die cut them all out. I mounted the small daisies using Dimensionals and the centres of the flowers were rounded/stretched a little and added with Dimensionals too. The whole of the mat was placed on Adhesive foam sheet so that it straightened out and laid flat well before placing them all onto the Fresh Freesia card base.






No comments:

Post a Comment