Wednesday 12 February 2020

Watercolour Wednesday..

Today I'm sharing a project that shows that watercolour doesn't have to be just for backgrounds.  Although I did create a watercolour background for the card I also used a watercolour background to die cut out the letters.
I made the background by first spritzing a piece of watercolour paper with a gentle mist of water. I then placed a single drop of reinker into the lid of the same colour ink pad for each o the 3 colours I used Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point and  Granny Apple Green.  I then used my aquapainter to add drops of water into the reinker.  Next I picked up ink with the aquapainter and dropped them onto the wet patches on the paper.
Working quickly add drops across the paper. Next spritz the card with water and watch the colour move and mingle.
Now allow the piece to dry either  naturally or using the heat tool.
Once dry I stamped the palm tree image and heat embossed it in silver onto one piece. On the other I die cut out the letters for the front of the card.  I also die cut them in Blueberry Bushel to create the shadow for the letters.
I love the way the colours blend and create unique backgrounds. I hope you do too.







No comments:

Post a Comment