Tuesday 4 February 2020

Tuesday Tips and Techniques  

As its Tuesday today, I'm supposed to be giving you a tip or techniques.
 Well here goes. I really think I'm preaching to the converted 'cos you all know it all and some!
However, the main one I will tell you is Stamp onto your card mat BEFORE you emboss it!
Don't copy me as this time I messed up! I had fully intended stamping the Lighthouse 
onto the mat and then to emboss it using the Subtle embossing folder.
Well! As you can probably imagine, I didn't!
So I used a separate panel and stamped and washed the ink across that. On reflection, I think I prefer it this way. I like the way it has defined the Lighthouse more specifically.

 

I punched the lovely patterns out of Coastal Cabana card stock using the gorgeous new punch, Braided Border. 
I used the Sailing Home stamp set, more information click HERE

 

The message was also punched out using the 1,1/2" and 2" circle punches. They are a must have tool in your kit in my opinion.

 

As you can see once again I have been very monochromatic with the colours.
It's my favourite way of making any project but saying that, I do use other colours together too.


These last 2 pictures show the message and the image on the inside. Yet another tip to tell you.
I often forget to stamp another image on the inside mat and this one is no exception. However, as you can see from the last image, I placed a post it  note around the edge of the card before stamping the compass. It worked. No mess! 



No comments:

Post a Comment