Friday 7 February 2020

Fun Fold Friday  

Hello on this sunny but cold Friday.
Just a little message first as it's been a very busy time. 2 weeks ago today my new little grandson Theo was born to Jemma and Jonathan. This is my first mention of him on the blog but I hope he will be as keen to craft as his brother and sister, Jayden and Bella. 

Anyway, enough of me looking at this gorgeous little boy to the card....
I had fun making this card for today and I hope you like it.  I have used Stampin' Up! Night of Navy and Whisper White card along with  Night of Navy ink and White Embossing Powder.
I have also made a tutorial for you too at the end of the post.
For information on the stamp set and dies, please follow the link HERE


 

Left hand side


Right sand side

 From below, this shows how it folds really nicely.

The Tutorial. 

I believe this is a double gate fold card but not at all sure, so please don't hold me to it!
Anyway, I have used Gorgeous Grape for the base card and Highland Heather for the mats. Only 1 sheet of each colour. Obviously, you can chose your own colours to make yours.


I started with the Gorgeous Grape and cut it portrait at 14.85cm or 5 7/8".
It then measured 14.85 by  29.7 cm. or 5, 7/8" by 11.3/4"
Then I scored 8.8cm or 3.7/16th", then a further 3cm or 1,3/16th" from each outside edge. I did it from each outer edge so that the sides are completely equal.


Measure 3.8cm or 1,1/2" on both sides of each of the 4 corners. Mark these with a pencil, then Chop them off with a trimmer, guillotine or scissors. You are now ready to cut the mats for the next layer.


The measurements above are for the same for both sides except for the middle as there is only one centre panel.


As I mentioned before, I used Highland Heather for my next layer. Take your alternative colour card and cut it portrait at 14.4 cm or 5,11/16th"
Cut all of the panels out of the 1 piece. First cut 2 pieces 8.4cm or 3, 5/16th". This of course will be along the long length of the card.
Then 2 pieces 2.6cm or 1", this should leave you with enough to cut a piece 5.8cm or 2,3/16th".
There will then be a very narrow strip left which I use mine for the long message on the front.




To angle the corners easier, I laid the Highland Heather beneath the Gorgeous Grape and marked each corner individually to get the exact copy of the angle. Once marked on the 2 outer pieces, cut or snip these corners off.


The next step I made was to emboss the mats using Scripty embossing folder. It adds a lovely subtle texture to the card. Fix all 5 mats onto the card base as below. Obviously, your corners o
n the card base will have been chopped off before this and in my picture, I haven't.

 

The next step is to decorate your card as you wish.
 I used the lovely stamp set called Forever Blossoms, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Scripty embossing folder and the NEW Label Me Fancy punch for the little messages. 
All of the products we use are from Stampin' Up!
That's it for me this week, please stop by next week and see what delights Cary has in store for you. We work so well together as we have both got different styles and tastes. I love her style!
Please, please, please, if you decide to have a go and make a card like this, let us see a picture of it?
You can post it to the blog or Facebook or even email it to us on 2biggirlscrafting@gmail.com
Thank you again and happy crafting,
Gill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment