Friday 18 June 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Lovely You

Hello again and thank you for stopping by and looking at our blog again this week. For my last card using the Lovely You stamp set from Stampin' Up! I have made a card that we made recently in one of our monthly classes. It is a very simple card with a strap across the front to form a magnetic closure. 

For more information about the stamp set or any of the Stampin' Up! products, please click HERE and it will take you to our shop where you can browse the products, get ideas, look at the clearance rack and all sorts of things. It will open up a new window for you so that you don't lose where you started.   

I started with a white card base 29.7cm by 10.5cm wide. Basically, half a sheet of A4 in the UK cut down the whole length. I scored it in half and then removed 4.85cm from one side only. The piece cut off is to make the band. I used Pale Papaya card for the mats with a touch of Granny Apple Green here and there. I added some texture by using the lovely embossing folder called Tasteful Textile. The front Pale Papaya panel was embossed then I attached a magnet to it before using Dimensionals to secure it to the front of the card. 


I took a piece of white and blended Pale Papaya ink across the centre of this panel using my Blending brush, a few more flowers here and there and then the message. The message was inked using a Stampin' Write Marker Pen in Granny Apple Green for each individual part of it. Happily no marks were made as a result of using the pen.

 I attached the strap to the inside of the card and then added a Pale Papaya mat with some little decorations on. I embossed and cut to size another piece of the card for the strap. At this point, I needed to add the other magnet. I dropped it on top of the other one and it found the correct place. Adding a glue dot to the top of it, I placed the embossed piece of card over it to pick it up. Once fixed to the panel, I added the mat to the strap, a few flowers on top and it's complete. 

 

Thank you once again for stopping by this week, I do hope that you've seen something that may inspire you. I love to create things and share them around so I am delighted that you spared some time to look. 

Cary is on holiday next week but has prepared some amazing projects to inspire you. Please stop by and see her creations. 

Until I come back, please keep well, stay safe and keep on CRAFTING. :) 

Gill xxxxx

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment