Tuesday 15 June 2021

Technique Tuesday - Lovely You

 Hello again, I hope that you are enjoying the mini heatwave that we have here in the UK? My room has been in excess of 30 degrees which is unusual to say the least!  Sadly, it won't last very long so I'm going to enjoy cooking myself while I craft! Today I am continuing with the Lovely You stamp set from Stampin' Up! Using Gorgeous Grape card base which is a really strong purple, a piece of the new Ombre Speciality Paper in shades of purple which also has a gorgeous glimmer to it. There are some beautiful colours in the pack all with shades throughout each 12" x 12" sheet. The sheets are blue, yellow, purple and red. They are absolutely stunning!

Today's card layout was an inspiration from Andrea at valleyinspiration.blogspot.com She has made some really beautiful cards and this is my version of one of hers. 

The technique that I have used is I believe called the kissing technique. This involves using 2 or more colours of ink. I chose the stronger colours of Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather, which is a lighter purple. Married with the Ombre paper I think it looks a really great combination.

Cary is the one who always cuts paper at different angles and it really makes me nervous to do it but do it I did. I hope you like it.





No comments:

Post a Comment