Thursday 10 June 2021

Throwback Thursday flowers of Friendship

 Well , as the song says what a difference a day makes!! The sky is grey and the sun is hidden from view ๐Ÿ˜” such a contrast to the beautiful blue skies and sun shine but at least it's not raining... yet!!! ๐Ÿ˜… But the change in the weather won't stop me from sharing a beautiful bright blue and crisp white card with you today!! Featuring just one ink colour and one stamp set, Flowers of Friendship this project uses a technique that is one I don't use often enough! 

Using a stamp platform tool can be such a help in so many ways. One that I really like is the hinged/ stepped stamping technique that I've used today. This technique is one that requires your stamping platform to be repositionable whilst keeping the stamp in the same place on the platform. For this I use my Stamparatus

Stampin up Stamparatus

Using this technique I was able to stamp the sentiment down the length of my cardstock perfectly spaced. So much easier than trusting my eye!!

Hinged stamping stepped stamping Stamparatus flowers of Friendship

I then stamped the floral image randomly onto the coloured cardstock mat in the same ink colour, pool party. I also stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock and coloured it in using pool party blends. Blends are alcohol markers. I fussy cut the stamped image out and stuck 3d foam on the back. 

I adhered the coloured mat onto a white card base. Then adhered the stamped white mat onto it. I then placed the floral image to one side.

Pool party flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up

A few gems on the front and a stamped insert and my card was finished. 

Flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up Stamparatus technique

I am really happy I revisited the hinged stamping technique as this card has brightened a dull day ๐Ÿ™‚. I hope you like it too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment