Tuesday 29 June 2021

Technique Tuesday - Timeless Tropical

 Hello and thank you for stopping by. Today I've used a technique that I have never used before in this way. Cary is the one who, like a sponge, picks all of these amazing techniques up and makes the most beautiful projects too. This one, is masking to create separate backgrounds using the Timeless Tropical stamp set. I have used the soft hue of the lovely, Balmy Blue and Basic White card only. I started by cutting a piece of A4 cut into half along the full length. I scored at 7.4cm from each end to form the 'gate fold'. After adding the blue to the front panels, I die cut the palm trees from both sides, I only glued the outer edge of the blue so that I could use the palm trees for decorating. I stamped onto the die cuts and put them aside while I embossed the 2 fronts of the card using the new embossing folder Checks and Dots. I cut the blue mat for the inside and glued it into position.

For more information on the stamp set and the dies, please click on the link HERE.  It will open up on a new page to allow you to stay here.


Using a white mat, I started by masking off one half of the card mat with a spare piece of card across the centre. Then adding a circle lightly to the top, I started to add colour using my blending brushes. I used the Balmy Blue for the sky, the Royal Blue of Pacific Point, The sandy colour of Sahara Sand and soft yellow of So Saffron. Once those area were coloured in, I added some Brighter yellow in the form of Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight for the sun.

 

Laying the trees in position onto the card, I could see where on them that I needed to blend some colour. I gently added a little colour so that they toned into the view.  The band on the centre front is a closure. 2 pieces of card with a narrow strip of glue in the centre so that the piece slides up and down and forms a really good closure for the card. This is another technique that I have never done but Cary is very proficient at. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment