Wednesday 9 June 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Flowers of Friendship

 I enjoyed playing with my watercolour pencils so much on Monday that I was inspired to break them out for watercolour Wednesday!!! I wanted to create a quick, simple and not to messy background and I'm happy to report that today's technique is all those things 🙂 The hardest part was choosing which colours to use 😅. 

So all you need are Watercolour pencils , white cardstock and either a waterpainter or a brush and a small amount of water. Next scribble your chosen colours across  the cardstock. Now it doesn't have to be precise so don't over think it!. I wanted full coverage so I scribbled all across the cardstock in varying width bands.

Watercolour pencils easy background Stampin up

Next I took my water painter and moisened the bristles.  You don't want them sopping wet as we're creating a mess free watercolour 😉 I started by brushing side to side on the lightest colour, Calypso coral. 

Stampin up watercolour pencils easy technique

I then moved onto the pink then the purple colours, melon mambo and rich razzleberry. Now you could completly brush out the lines but I rather liked them so left them in. But at this stage blending the colours is easy.  

Stampin up watercolour pencils simple technique

Stampin up watercolour pencils easy technique

The piece above was my test piece and all I did for todays card was use a larger piece of cardstock!! Once I'd made the background I used the large floral image from the Flowers of Friendship stamp set and heat embossed it in white.

I also tore a stip of vellum and heat embossed my sentiment in white. I wrapped the vellum around the panel and secured it at the back.

Stampin up watercolour pencils easy technique flowers of Friendship


A few coloured gems and my card was complete. I hope you'll have a go at this simple technique and enjoy doing it as much as I did. 
Stampin up watercolour pencils simple background technique flowers of Friendship



2 comments: