Tuesday 8 June 2021

Tips,Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Flowers of Friendship

 Today's tip is an oldie but goodie..... Waste not, want not!! This addage fits so well in todays world. We should all be encouraging reduce, reuse, recycle ♻️ And as paper crafters we most certainly can do our bit.  One small way is to not throw away those backgrounds that just didn't work or you didn't get just right for the project you're working on. Combined with a punch , die or stamp you can give them a new life . For today's card I've done just that. I have used the Flowers of Friendship Bundle . This bundle includes the stamps and a punch perfect for those crafters who want coordination with out a die cutting machine!

Flowers of Friendship Bundle Stampin up card tips make do and mend wate not want not

So for today's card I have used a piece of blended background that I created to use as a colour test piece for another project. As it sat on my desk I kept looking at it thinking I like that but what to do with it 🤔  It wasn't big enough for a background so what to do with it?

Well as I started on another project it hit me I could punch out bits and use them!! As this weeks I'm sharing projects with the Flowers of Friendship it was perfect!!

So I stamped the large and small flowers randomly from the set and punched them out. 

Flowers of Friendship Bundle Stampin Up bright fun card

I then stamped the large flower stamp but masked off the flowers themselves  with stcky notes before I inked them.  This way only had the stems and leaves. 

Once I'd finished stamping I decided it needed a bit of texture so I used an embossing folder called Tasteful Textile It's one of my favourites because it is so versatile. 



I love the way this folder add texture without overwhelming the project.
Tasteful Textile embossing folder flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up


Now it was time to scatter my punch flowers and create a pretty floral pattern. 
I adhered some flat and some popped up on 3d foam to add another layer of interest.
I then adhered the panel to a beautiful bright orange card base to coordinate with my flowers and voila my card was made and my blended piece recycled and not wasted 🙂 
Flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up

I am really happy that I remembered this tip and created a fun happy card that will certainly put a smile on the recipients face. The sentiment on the card is one that is a favourite of mine  and say's so much.

Flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up

Well I hope that you are all going to keep this tip in mind next time you go to throw out a background that just didn't quite work 😉 
Flowers of Friendship Stampin'Up



1 comment:

  1. I am having a problem getting the Flowers pinched out. I made a stencil of the punch and stamped in the negative spaces but the punch didn't p7nch right. Any hints please.

    ReplyDelete