Wednesday 30 June 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Timeless Tropical

 Well, the English weather is back to normal! Those amazing days of sunshine has led us back to our usual weather...rain and lots of it!! There's no better time to stay indoors and craft is there? Today's project using the Timeless Tropical stamp set is really a cheats way to watercolouring. I used an additional stamp called Drybrush. This stamp gives the effect of a watercolour background without any watercolouring! I know, it's a cheat but great to do anyway.

I started by taking a C6 card mat and gutting 2cm all around the edge of the mat. This left a frame which I placed over the next 4 mats. I inked the stamp using the lovely soft Balmy Blue and stamped into the centre of the 4, C6 mats. The frame that I made was also used for cards 3 and 4. I cut a further 1cm around the inside again and used them both to make card frames.

I used the centre panel that I had gutted from the frame to stamp some of the flowers on. Waste not, want not! I used the small flower in Memento Black with the Sahara Sand and Pale Papaya ink pads. The palm trees were stamped in Old Olive and Soft Suede using the Stampin' Write Marker Pens. I fussy cut the flowers and die cut the trees using the dies, In The Tropics.  

For more information on the stamps and dies that I have used, please click HERE. It will open up the link in a new page. Once there, you can look around and see all of the other amazing products that Stampin' Up! make. If you live in the UK and don't have a demonstrator of your own, please shop with us. If you don't have a NEW catalogue yet with all of the products in, please let us know and we will happily post a copy to you.


 
Card 1

 Card 2


Card 3
A simple message here and there and I had completed 4 cards really quickly. I surprised even myself! I am really enjoying this making 4 cards at a time now, it's really therapeutical!


 
Card 4




This was another great day for me, wet outside and I'm indoors making cards....perfection, The plants and garden get a well-deserved drink and I get to do what I love and share the results with you too.
Happy crafting everyone xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment