Tuesday 22 June 2021

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday All Squared Away

 Now if you've been here beforw on a Tuesday you might have realised that I'm all for reduce, reuse and recycling ♻️ now how does that relate to today's All Squared Away card ? Well the background was a piece that was destined for the bin!!

I was having a go at the rock 'n' roll technique. This is where you ink up your stamp in a lighter colour. Then take a darker colour ink and gently rock and roll the stamp around the pad getting ink on the edges. The result is a two tone image that is different every time!. Top tip remember to clean your stamp after you've stamped even if you are repeating the same process because you'll never get the ink in the same place!! Ask me how I know 😉😉😉

Rock n roll technique all Squared Away Stampin up


Well the reason I wasn't happy with the background was that they weren't perfectly lined up and as the perfectionists out there will understand I wasn't happy...... But just this once I thought no let it be as it is and go with it!!!

So my tip for this Tuesday is sometime the mistake or less than perfect can be perfextly fine in it's own right!! Well I think that today's card looks rather lovely as it is warts and all!!!. 

Card making tips rock n roll technique all Squared Away Stampin up
 

The colours I used were 2 shades of orange call pale papaya and pumpkin pie. The flower was from another stamp set stamped in black and a pop of the paler orange applied just to the center and finished with 3 jewels. The sentiment is from the All Squared Away stamp set.

So what do you think are you ready to embrace your less than perfect, wonky bits and say that you're happy with the way your project turned out? Because I am 😀

Cardmaking tips rock n roll technique all Squared Away Stampin up


No comments:

Post a Comment