Friday 14 January 2022

Fun-Fold Friday - Encircled In Friendship

Hello again. For the last time this week I have made one of my favourite fun folds using the Encircled In Friendship stamp set. This is I believe called an Arrow fold. You can probably see why! 

It uses a standard C6 card base but this one is in the shape of a tent. I started with a piece of A4 card cut in half at 10.5cm by 29.7cm long. It is then scored in half at 14.85cm. From there at the bottom front edge mark lightly in pencil at 5.25cm. Along both of the sides, mark at 5cm and 10cm from the bottom edge. Once the marks are made, score between the centre, bottom mark and both of the centre corners, the centre mark and the 10cm and 5cm marks too. 

Once you have scored all 6 marks, rub out the pencil marks you first made. Then fold all of the folds into a mountain, valley fold and then a mountain once again. Repeat this on both sides. It's SALEABRATION time again and this time I used the Designer Series Papers called Simply Marbleous which are Free when you place an order for £45 or more in the current Stampin' Up! catalogues.  

I started with a piece of DSP (patterned paper) cut at 14.4cm by 10.5cm. I marked the bottom edge at 5cm and cut between that and the top outer corners. The 2 triangles are adhered to the bottom inside right and left hand side and the large triangle i cut 1cm off the bottom edge as I wanted it to go onto some white card too. This way it has a good sized border all around.

I then repeated the same with a piece of white card. The big triangle then fitted snugly into the centre on the inside of the card. 
I decorated by die cutting some of the shapes from the Encircled in Beauty dies. I used some more of the DSP, white card and Blushing Bride which is the gorgeous pink used in the papers.

 On the inside, I used a piece of the Smoky Slate patterned paper and die cut one of the medium sized shapes and a white circle for the inner sentiments.
For a change, I used a few Rhinestones to decorate.

I hope that you have managed to get some inspiration for making your own cards this week. There's nothing nicer than sending and receiving a hand crafted card. 
 
Thank you for stopping by and please pop by next week as Cary will be here to show you some of her projects to hopefully inspire you again. 
 
Until I return, stay safe, keep well but most of all 
😂KEEP ON CRAFTING!! 😂
 
Thank you once again, Gill xxxxx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment