Wednesday 5 January 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Rainbow of Happiness

 Splish splash with every rainbow there has to be rain ๐ŸŒง . Some things  just need to work in tandem and today's inspiration has some images from another stamp set called Flowering Rain Boots bundle to work in tandem with the Rainbow of Happiness .

My watercolour element for today started life as a piece of shimmery white cardstock.  I then used the same technique called Watercolour Smosh that I used before Christmas. But this time I only used 1 colour ink. I chose a bright yellow called daffodil delight ๐Ÿ’› 

Once the piece was completely dry I used white embossing powder and versamark ink to stamp using the line and solid image from the Rainbow set. I created a random pattern.

I  then matted the panel onto a piece of basic black cardstock.  Then mounted it on to a standard C6 card base in basic white. 

Now for the fun creating with the embellishments. First I stamped the gorgeous wellie boots in the same sunny shade of yellow ๐Ÿ’›.  A splash of black and white check ribbon and some matte black dots along with the sentiment stamped in black on a white circle and I was done!

Rainbow of Happiness Stampin up watercolour wash smosh background

Well .... I  wasn't quite I had to have another go as I do enjoy creating my backgrounds ๐Ÿ˜…. This time I changed the orientation of the card and used a watering can. I also used some iridescent rhinestones dripping from the can as the water drops!

Rainbow of Happiness Stampin up watercolour background smosh

I love the bright cheerful colours in these cards they made me smile ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  just what I needed here in my corner of the UK. The weather is  grim, grots and grimy !! I hope they make you smile too!

Rainbow of Happiness Stampin up watercolour background smosh


No comments:

Post a Comment