Wednesday 12 January 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Encircled In Friendship

 I really had fun getting messy with today's card. Now, those of you who know me, know that I HATE getting messy when I craft. So for me to get messy it probably isn't as bad as when Cary gets messy. She just LOVES it! Using Encircled In Friendship stamp set, I took a C6 mat and washed some very light blue of Balmy Blue over it. I picked up the colour from an acrylic block that I stamped onto the ink pad. I find it's so much easier watercolouring that way. Once it was dry, I stamped the flowers across the centre using a Stazon Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black and then added a piece of paper from the NEW Sunshine and Rainbows designer series paper, DSP. Stazon ink pad is a pigment based ink pad and it's not affected by water colouring. Using the same block, I added 2 drops of ink refil in the Balmy Blue  onto the block and started to add water from my brush to it. I coloured in the flowers and then the leaves in that gorgeous green of Granny Apple Green in exactly the same way.

Once they were all dry, I added 2 more drops to the colouring block and got the darker blue to do the highlighting on the flowers. I stamped the interior with the main flowers and repeated the same process as I did on the front. I had some tiny strips of DSP left over and added them to the inside as a highlight and completed this card.






No comments:

Post a Comment