Thursday 20 January 2022

Throwback Thursday Catch You Later

 I just couldn't stop playing with the gorgeous watercolour backgrounds I made for yesterday's post! I loved how they are all unique and make my imagination spark. ( if you didn't see the post click here) I also loved playing with the fun and cute papers in the Sweet Talk collection of double sided pattern papers and of course the fantastic Catch You Later stamps!!!

Sweet Talk Stampin up fun pattern paper
So what did I do for today's inspiration well I used one of my all time favourite techniques ... paper pieceing. This is a relatively simple process and one that if you love fussy cutting you'll adore!.
To start with chose you stamp. An open line image is perfect but not essential.  I chose to use the oh so cute chickadee's from the Catch You Later stamp set. I then stamped the image onto 2 different pieces of the pattern paper. 
Now the fun of fussy cutting began. I  carefully cut around the whole image on the black lines. I then cut the 2 characters apart. 
Once I had cut both images out of both papers I used a black marker pen and going from the reverse side I went around the sides of the cut edges. This means that there are no white or light areas where there shouldn't be and gives it a more finished appearance.
Next I took one of the pretty watercolour mats that I'd  made and stamped the chickadee's onto the mat using the same black ink.
Then I adhered the pattern paper chickadee's on top of the ones on the mat. I  love this technique as it adds just that little something to a project.

Catch you later stampin up fun paper pieceing card

I used a cute piece of checked ribbon to the mat then used 3d foam to adhere  the panel to thw card base. I had covered the whole of the card base in a piece of the  pattern paper.  The paper is the same as the one I chose for the little chickadee. 
I then die cut a tag from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment. I then fussy cut some hearts from another of the Sweet Talk papers to add a little embellishment. I used a small piece of the same checked ribbon to tread through the tag hole and secured it with white bakers twine.

Catch you later stampin up fun paper pieceing cute card

I hope you like this card as much as I do. It was fun to create and came together quickly because I had the extra backgrounds from Yesterday's creative session. I would highly recommend making a few backgrounds at a time and saving them for future projects. 

Catch you later stampin up fun paper pieceing card cute



No comments:

Post a Comment