Tuesday 25 January 2022

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday - Happy Hedgehogs

 Today's project is a simple technique of layering. I stamped the image of one of the hedgehogs from Happy Hedgehogs and coloured it in. I put that to the side and picked 2 colours that enhance each other and chose the soft peachy, orange of Pale Papaya and the really dark green of Evening Evergreen card. I wanted an Hello card this time so using the Pale Papaya, I embossed the little Hello folder from Thanks and Hello. Then mounted it onto some thin strips of White card, then a mat of Evening Evergreen card and the pieces were all added to the card base using foam shapes, Dimensionals. 

I die cut the hedgehog out with a Layering circle die but it can also be cut out using punches. This too was added to the card using Dimensionals. I highlighted the Hello in the centre of the embossed mat and as I love fussy cutting, I embossed another in Evening Evergreen and fussy cut the letters out. I wouldn't recommend doing that as it is a very time consuming fiddly job! That's a first for me to admit that!!






No comments:

Post a Comment