Tuesday 4 January 2022

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Rainbow Happiness

 Happy Tuesday and what better way to start the day than with a great deal!! Sale-A-Bration begines today.  Now if you're not familiar with Sale-A-Bration you're in for a treat. For every qualifying order you get to chose Free goodies!!! So my first tip for Tuesday is get hold of the Sale-A-Bration catalogue and work out what you'd like. Then have a look at the January to June mini catalogue and work out what you're must have are! 🤣 

My personal must have is the Rainbow Happiness bundle which combines perfectly with the Sunhine and Rainbows paper from Sale-A-Bration .

Sunshine and rainbows Stampin up ways to use pattern paper

So for today's inspiration I've used lot's  of patterned paper. Now I love to have patterned paper in my stash but its often sat used 🙃 so one of my goals for this crafty year is to use it more often!

One way to use pretty paper is to cover the whole front of a card base! Now I know that sounds extravagant but hey I did say I was going to use my paper not just store it!

My top tip for getting your paper neatly onto the front of the card is to cut the paper sligjtly larger than the card blank size. Then apply adhesive to the card front. Now I would also suggest using a liquid glue such as Tombow multi purpose as it allows you wiggle room but doesn't seep through, so long as it's applied sparingly.

My next tip and one that I know will be making many an appearance in  projects to come is to die cut with it. There are many ways to do this. Some dies even cut out images from the papers such as the rainbows in one of the papers and the die from the Brilliant Rainbows dies.

Rainbow of Happiness bundle sunshine and rainbows paper Stampin up

 Now I didn't use this for today's inspiration as I had in mind to use the large arc die from the Brilliant Rainbows set, shown below.

Brilliant Rainbows dies Stampin up
This leads me onto another tip for using patterned paper Don't be scared to mix patterns! I know it can be scary but it can be so much fun and bring a whole new look to your projects !

For my projects today I've used stripes of different sizes , dots and hearts. I would also recomend that you start this mixing patterns experiment by choosing papers from a pack that uses all the same colours. This means that they will coordinate perfectly and take some of the guess work out for you.  
For my projects I also employed the cut once use twice trick. This is where I use both the die cut piece and the bit it was cut from, the positive and the negative. I don't like to waste my beautiful papers 😉

So with  blank card bases and pattern paper in hand I set to work.

Rainbow Happiness Stampin up using patterned paper


For this first card I used the die cut, positive, peices cut from a bold strip adhered with 3d foam onto the card base covered in the pin stripe paper. I also die cut some of the cute cloudes in basic white to add a fun element. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the paper in black. I also used some matte black dots to add extra highlights. 

For my second card I used the left over bit, negative, from the die cut.

Brilliant Rainbows dies sunshine and rainbows paper Stampin up fun bright bold pattern paper card

For this card I've placed a scrap of stripped paper behind the  dotty paper . I've then matted it onto basic white mat. I've also cut the background paper so that it leaves a neat white boarder on the card base.

The sentiments for both these cards come from another Sale-A-Bration goodie. A stamp set called Special Moments.  

Special Moments Stampin up

I do hope these cards have helped brighten your day and that you have a great Tuesday. 

If you're interested in a mini catalogue and a Sale-A-Bration catalogue please contact us we'd lovebto help you.

Rainbow Happiness Stampin up fun bold bright mixed patern paper cards



No comments:

Post a Comment