Tuesday 18 January 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Catch You Later

 Now the big questions in life are many I know but today I've got one to ask... Cats or Dogs? I have to admit that I'm definitely one team dog! But before I get drowned out by all you cat lovers out there I do appreciate a good cat stamp when I see one 😉 and the cat in the Catch You later stamp set is sooo cute 😍 

So for today's inspiration I  have created a card using some of the simple techniques that I used for yesterday's card. The technique is called masking but it can be done in a variety of ways. The first is to mask of an area and stamp into the space left. Another is to mask of the stamped image and stamp over or behind it. But the one I used for today's card is masking parts of a stamp.

I used sticky notes to mask the area's I didn't want stamped. Then inked up the stamp. Most importantly remember to remove the sticky note before you stamp !!! 

Catch you later stampin up fun clean and simple card


I used this technique to repeatedly stamp the fishbowl onto a white card mat in memento black ink. Before I stamped I did use a pencil and lightly draw evenly spaced lines both horizontally and vertically.  I did this to help keep my stamping evenly spaced as I find that I can have wonky lines if left to my own devices 😁

I stamped all the fishbowls before stamping the cat. Next I had great fun colouring the images. The simple sentiment was purrr-fect 😉🤣

Catch you later stampin up simple fun clean card


So for today I'm  an honorary cat person because I think this card is just purrr-fect! The sentiments in this fun set really do make for fun quirky cards for sure!

Catch you later stampin up fun quirky cat card




No comments:

Post a Comment