Monday 17 January 2022

Make it simple Monday Catch You Later

 Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I had a lovely time playing with a new stamp set and getting things ready for our upcoming Crafters Retreat. Our retreat isn't until March but we start early to make sure that all our attendees have a wonderful weekend.  So I decided to have a play with a stamp set that caught my eye as soon as I saw it in the January to June mini catalogue.  Called Catch You Later it's a great line art set perfect for colouring in.

Catch you later stampin up simple stamping easy card making

The images are just sooo cute 😍 and the sentiments just make me smile. I just had to play with it!

As it's Monday I knew I had to make it simple but I also wanted it to be a fun card. So I decided to use the fun cat and fish image.

I created 3 "windows" for the cats to be in and placed the fish in his bowl on the outside. Creating the windows can be done in 2 ways. The first is with a ruler and a pencil marking your rectangles. Or the other way is to cut 3 sticky notes to the size of your windows, pop them in place and draw around them in pencil.

Next I masked off the center window with more sticky notes so that I could stamp the cat inside. I also masked of the fish bowl on the stamp before inking up the stamp. This helped to ensure that there were no bits in the wrong place.

After repeating the process for the other 2 windows I stamped the fish bowl in place. I then used a black marker to draw the window lines and erased all the pencil lines.

For the sentiment I used more of my trusty sticky notes to mask part of the sentiment before inking. I stamped the first part of the sentiment in the top left corner of the center windows.  Then after masking and inking the cleaned stamp I stamped the second part next to the fish bowl.

Catch you later stampin up simple stamping easy card making


I used watercolour pencils to colour my cats and fish bowl layering colours to create different shades. This is one of the qualities of watercolour pencils. I like that  their creamy consistency allows for mixing and blending to create cuatom colours. 

I love the almost cartoon feel that this card has. I think the sentiment will bring a smile to anyones face.

Catch you later stampin up simple stamping easy card making

If you'd like to see me demo how I made today's inspiration I shall be holding a Facebook live over on our page here later today at 4pm GMT. I'd love to have you join me and say hi 👋 

Here's the video ...


And here's  the link if the video doesn't work 🙃 

https://youtu.be/1EReLgIxnbI

Please pop by tomorrow when I'll  be sharing more of these fun characters  

Catch you later stampin up simple stamping easy card making



No comments:

Post a Comment