Wednesday 26 January 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Happy Hedgehogs

Hello, for today's watercolour using the Happy Hedgehog stamp set, I made a watercolour background and used a die cut mask. Stampin'  Up! have a set of dies called Basic Borders. There are 6 different dies in the set and there are zig-zags through to curves and points, curves to a tiled roof... I love them. Anyway, the die is a cloudy effect along the edge and using that I tried several techniques from brushing across the die cut and many other ways. I ended up by brushing a small line around the border in the very soft grey of Smoky Slate. I stamp the ink pad onto an acrylic block and add a few drops of water to make it even lighter. I moved the die cut at different angles and once done I took some of the lightest blue of Balmy Blue and washed another line across the grey. I think it adds a little dimension, What do you think?





  

No comments:

Post a Comment