Thursday 3 February 2022

Throwback Thursday Mischievous Mice

 Today is my youngest childs birthday... and I can't believe that he's turned 22!! Where oh where has the time gone??? In honour of Ethan's birthday I thought I'd make a birthday card using the cute Mischievous Mice stamp set.

I love paper pieceing,  I love colour blending and I love making my own backgrounds so I was a very happy bunny while making today's inspiration because I did all three!!

I stamped onto a piece of white cardstock using just the balloon portion of the mouse and balloon stamp randomly all over. I then chose a great black and white pattern paper from another host exclusive offering from Stampin' Up! Called Pattern Party

Mischievous Mice Stampin up fun birthday card


I stamped the balloon onto the paper enough times to be able to paper piece the ones stamped onto the white mat. I then took my blending brush and applied a bright green coloured ink called Granny Apple Green over all the images.

Fussy cutting is fun especially when you have simple lines and a good pair of scissors... Gill finds fussy cutting soothing and a great way to relax. So I set about fussy cutting my coloured ballons. Once I'd adhered them to the white mat I trimmed the edges so that the paper wasn't over hanging. 

For the focal point of the card I die cut 2 rectangles.  I  stamped the mouse and balloon onto the larger die cut and the sentiment onto the smaller one. I also stamped another mouse onto white card and the balloon onto the black and white paper. 

I coloured the mouse in using alcohol markers on both the die cut and the spare card. I then fussy cut the mouse  out of the spare card. I also cut the balloon out. I added 3d foam to the cut out mouse and ballon and placed them onto the die cut piece.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up fun birthday card


All in all a fun card for a fun day 😀 

Mischievous Mice Stampin up fun birthday card


No comments:

Post a Comment