Thursday 17 February 2022

Throwback Thursday Sale-A-Bration Jan to Feb 2022

I don't know about you but sometimes I find myself looking for inspiration and going to Pinterest and several hours later still haven't made anything! Yet other times you see one picture and boom you know what you're going to do!! Well that was the case when I went looking for inspiration for a card featuring the Catching Butterflies stamp set and Simply Marbleous dsp from the Sale-A-Bration offering.

Catching Butterflies simply Marbleous Stampin Up

The card that inspired me didn't use either the stamps nor pattern paper it was the layout that caught my attention.

The layout was quite simple a splash of colour behind an image stamped on to a circle and a line of smaller images down one edge.
 Sadly when I went back to find the inspiration  to make a note of the talented person who created it so that I could givebthem credit I couldn't find it 😪 So if you recognise the layout or the know the person please let me know so that I can edit this post and give them all due credit.

My first card also uses the gorgeous colour palette that the original used. A soft pink, white and a hint of kraft. The pink I used is called blushing bride and the kraft is called crumb cake.
I stamped the little girl image but masked off the net. I coloured her hair and skin with some of the new Natural Tones alcohol markers from Stampin' Up! These are a fab new colour palette to our collection of alcohol markersm

Natural tones blends stamin up

I the die cut around her with a circle die and added a scalloped edge created with a piece of crumb cake cardstock. I then stamped her again and coloured and fussy cut out her hair. I stamped her dress onto a piece of the pink simply marbleous pattern paper and fussy cut that out. I then adhered them ontop of the first stamped image. 
For the base I used a mat of white and blended a simple circle of colour slightly to one side. I then stamped some of the butterflies in crumb cake ink down one side. 
A little bakers twine, a few white enamel dots and a sentiment and I was happy.

Catching Butterflies stampin up cute card


I was so happy with my card I decided to recreate it using a different colour palette.  This time I went for a turquoise colour palette.  


Catching Butterflies stampin up cute card


The colours I chose are called costal cabana and pool party. I  love how this card turned out. The change in colours gives it a very different feel much fresher and bright. The soft and gentle pink and kraft version is much more subtle.

So which is your favourite 🤔  the pink ? Or the blue? Me I just can't  decide 😁


 

No comments:

Post a Comment