Wednesday 16 February 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Sale-A-Bration Jan to Feb 2022

 Just a quick post today using a quick way to use watercolour.  I have also chosen to use a great bundle only available as a free item!!! Called Friendly Hello this bundle consists of stamps and beautiful pattern paper. This means you're set to create beautiful coordinating projects from the get go!! Which was perfect for my speedy project for today no worries about coordination.

Friendly hello Stampin up Sale-A-Bration 2022
 
Inspired by the gorgeous papers I chose a simple colour palette of a lovely shade of lilac called fresh freesia. I cut a mat of the speckles fresh freesia pattern paper and placed it onto a white card base.

Next for the watercolour portion of the project . I die cut a rectangle from some thick white cardstock. Then I stamped the image of the bird on the branch in versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.

By choosing to heat emboss the image I didn't have to worry about the ink of thenimage smudging or running. It ment that I could just apply the watercolour wash over the top. All I had to do was gently rub the wash of the embossed areas.

Whilst I had the tools out to heat emboss I stamped and embossed a sentiment in white onto a piece of coloured cardstock. I then die cut the sentiment with a small stitched rectangle die.


Friendly Hello Stampin up watercolour wash card
 

To add a little something something to the inside I also heat embossed some of the sprig images onto a white mat in one corner and watercolour washed over it. I then placed the mat onto a mat of fresh freesia cardstock and adhered it to the inside of my project.

Friendly hello stampin up watercolour wash card

To give my card a little sparkle I got my trusty clear wink of stella pen out and coloured over thw flowers and bird. The effect is a lovely subtle shimmer which is quite difficult to capture in a photo but is beautiful in real life.

Friendly hello Stampin up watercolour wash card

I also added a few of the gorgeous iridescent rhinestones just because they look great and I like them 😉

All in all a quick card with lots of style and a beautiful monochromatic palette. 

Friendly hello Stampin up watercolour wash card


No comments:

Post a Comment