Monday 28 February 2022

Make it simple Monday Daffodil Daydream

 This last weekend the weather has been so beautiful here in my corner of the world.  The skies have been clear and bright blue. The sun has shone brightly with a little warmth in it too!! As I've been out and about  bright splashes of colour have come from the gorgeous daffodils.  These beautiful flowers inspired me to teach for a stamp set called Daffodil Daydream

Daffodil daydream stampin up simple stamping easy card making


This set is perfect for this time of year. With sentiments for both Easter and Mothers day,  which here in the UK take place in early spring. I  love to see these bright bold beauties as they remind me that the weather is improving and the day's are getting longer.

My #makeitsimplemonday cards for today are made using just stamps,  ink , paper and coloured in with pencils.

There are slight differences in the designs of these 2 cards. One has a torn edge and butterflies....

Daffodil daydream stampin up simple stamping easy card making

 ... and the other has a cut edge and a filigree stamped pattern.....

Daffodil daydream stampin up simple stamping easy card making

The cards are very simple in design and require little in the way of tools or skills. For the cut edge version I simply cut a strip off the right-hand side of my card base. I then stamped on it and adhered it onto the right-hand side of thw back of my card base.

Daffodil daydream stampin up simple stamping easy card making

For the second version I simply held the  straight edge of a ruler part way in from the right-hand side of the front of my card base the tore it along. I then stamped the bustterly stamp randomly down the strip, coloured them in and adhered it to the right-hand side of the back of the card base. 


Which do you prefer ? Gill would chose the cut edge as she doesn't like torn, frayed anything ๐Ÿ˜‰ Me , I like the soft look of the torn edge!

This fun, simple technique give the cards an interesting feature that everyone can achieve.  

I'll be demoing these 2 ways to add a little something extra to a card in my Facebook Live this afternoon over on our page  here.

Have a great Monday and Happy Birthday wishes to all those who have a Leap Year Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚.

Daffodil daydream stampin up simple stamping easy card making



2 comments:

  1. I like the torn edge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I think it just adds a little something something with out too much fuss. X

    ReplyDelete