Tuesday 1 February 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Mischievous Mice

 For today's inspiration I took another look at the super cute mischievous mouse from Yesterday's card and my mind went staight to decoupage. It's an oldie but goodie. 

I stamped the cheesy mouse image once onto the mat of cardstock and twice more onto spare cardstock.

I coloured all three images the same. I then worked out what bits I  wanted to raise up on each layer. I carefully cut out the bits I wanted raised. I also used a black marker to run around all the cut edges to make sure that no stray white bits showed up.

I then used 3d foam to layer up the images. I love the way that this gives a real 3d effect.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up decoupage card

 Once I'd finished with the focal point I set about decorating the card base. I used some really bold pattern papers. I love the strong colour combo of black, white and a rich yellow called bumblebee. 

To keep the colour theme going I used a little black and white check ribbon as an accent for the sentiment. 


Mischievous Mice Stampin up fun technique decoupage card

All in all I really like this cute but sophisticated card. I hope you like it as much as I do 🤞

Mischievous Mice Stampin up decoupage card


2 comments:

  1. He is so cute Cary, love him. Love the yellow with black/white check ❤️

    ReplyDelete