Tuesday 15 February 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Sale-A-Bration Jan to Feb 2022

 For today's inspiration I started with a blended panel that I'd made from another day and that's one tip straight off the bat 😁. When you're making messy backgrounds make spares for future projects. Now I looked at the background and wondered which Sale-A-Bration stamp set to pair it with πŸ€” Well I decided to go with the Island Vibes . This fun set just felt right and as it has no sentiments in it I decided to use the fantastic Special Moments.  

Special Moments island vibes stampin up Sale-A-Bration

To make the most of my blended background I decided to cut it into 3 narrow panels for the front of the card. Next I layed the 3 panels side by side but slightly off set.

I then used the potted palm stamp  and stamped in black onto each panel. I kept them in line with each other. To make sure they come out with a strong black colour I used a Stamparatus which is a stamp positioning tool. This means that I can stamp the image several times in exactly the same place to get a really solid colour.

I then used an embossing folder to add texture to the 3 panels and a white mat. I placed the mat onto a card base and then used 3d foam to place the 3 panels on the front. I stamped a sentiment onto a white banner and popped it on top.

Island vibes special Moments Stampin up

Now I had some bits of the blended background left over sooooo first I decorated the inside of the card...

Island vibes Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration 2022

I stamped onto a white mat first in black with the leaf stamp. I then stamped it onto a leftover strip of the background.  I adhered the blended strip onto the mat so that it lined up.

Then I found 2 small strips of the blended background and thought ummmm what shall I do with them πŸ€”....

Island vibes Sale-A-Bration jan to feb 2022 Stampin up

.... A co coordinating envelope of course 😁 i used the final image from the Island Vibes set a cute pineapple. I stuck  the 2 leftover strips down securely.  Then stamped over the 2 strips in black to continue the coordinating effect .

So there you have it no space left undecorated all from 1 10.5cm x 14.85cm piece of ready blended background! I love how this card and envelope look really coordinated and if I do say so my self rather stricking. I love the vibrant colours and stylish black stamped images. So my top tip don't throw the scraps away use them to complete the look and create beautiful cards and envelopes. 

Island vibes special Moments stampin up coordinating card and envelope


No comments:

Post a Comment