Wednesday 9 February 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Tulip Fields

Watercolour Wednesday well, for my next card I've gone very bright. Tulips after all have many colours and lots of those are extremely bright too, just as mine are. I started by working out where I wanted the horizon to be, then using the triangular stamp of flowers from Tulip Fields, I stamped from the centre of the horizon and using black Stazon ink stamped the tulips several times across the card. I gave it a healthy gap between stamping to allow for the walk through that would be seen in the gardens of gorgeous tulips. Then, using a clear block I inked it up with each different colour, a few drops of water, a water brush and washed the colour over each part. I added a little of the Soft Suede ink to form the pathways. When you are watercolouring, you should always use a pigment based ink pad to wash across. Using a water based ink pad like Memento would cause the black ink to spread into the coloured wash! Not a pretty sight I can assure you as I've done it before! 😂

Using the smaller stamps of the trees and bushes, I stamped in Stazon again and then added some more colour to the field ahead. The sentiments once again are from Special Moments stamp set. 

When it came to the sky, I used my trusty water colour pencils which gave it the more cloudier look.






No comments:

Post a Comment