Thursday 10 February 2022

Throwback Thursday - Tulip Fields

For today's card I sort of cheated a little. On Tuesday I made an A4 sheet One Sheet Wonder using the Tulip Fields stamp set and used only a quarter of it. Today I used it again but this time I cut it into lots of rectangles and then mounted each of those on a piece of gorgeous green card which is Granny Apple Green. My new favourite green. 

Sounds too easy? It really is. I started with a mat of 10cm by 14.4cm  and 'gutted'/cut it at 1.5cm all the way around on the inside of the rectangle. I did this twice and then gutted at 1cm for the last 2 pieces. Once I had glued the white pieces to the green, I cut them all leaving a small border and then mounted them onto the card base using foam pads, Dimensionals. Using the Stampin' Up! Trimmer it's very easy to do the gutting process. It is particularly useful if you are sending a card with lots of layers as you can gut each of the lower layers to take some of the weight off. 

 I then stamped the Windmill onto scrap paper and did a little watercolouring before fussy cutting it out. Another sentiment from the Special Moments Saleabration stamp set inside and out finished this one off. The first picture shows the whole sheet of A4 card before I started to chop it up. I still have half a sheet left for more cards.







No comments:

Post a Comment