Wednesday 2 February 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Mischievous Mice

 Do you ever look at a stamp and know exactly what you're going to do with it? Well today's card was one such card! As soon as I saw the cute little mouse holding the pen I just knew what I was going to do!

This card fits in perfectly with today's theme of watercolour.  I created a simple watercolour splash onto a piece of white cardstock. All you need for this technique are water based marker pens, a water spritzer and a piece of cellophane/ plastic wrap. The plastic must be fairly soft, I used the wrapper from a pack of cardstock.

Fun simple watercolour spash technique mischievous Mice Stampin up

Next I scribbled my markers onto the plastic. I placed the white card underneath so that I could guestimate where to scribble.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash tequnique


Once I was happy I took my spritzer and spritzed water over the scribbles. Tip don't over do it but at the same time make sure its enough to form droplets.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash technique

Now working quickly flip the plastic bag over onto the cardstock then splash it using your fingers to move the ink around.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash technique
 
The final piece is unique every time andnrwsults will vary depending upon number of colours used etc.


Ok so now I had a splash next it was time to draw some lines and punch some holes to create note paper. Make sure you use a fine tip pen. I also tore the punched holes to simulate a page torn from a note pad.

Stamped my mouse onto spare cardstock,  coloured and then fussy cut him out. I stamped the image and sentiment onto the background.  Then adhered the coloured in mouse over the stamped image and I was done!

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash technique

I just love how this card came together just as it had in my head!. The images are just so adorable and such fun to play with. 

I also stamped and coloured a mat for the inside as I had used a coloured card base.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash technique

All in all a fun card that turned out just as I'd hoped.

Mischievous Mice Stampin up watercolour splash technique fun cute card


No comments:

Post a Comment