Tuesday 1 March 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Daffodil Daydream

 Happy St. David's day to all. Today's card just had to be one for this special day. The daffodils from the Daffodil Daydream  stamp set are perfect for a St David's card. They  are the flowers of Wales after all and St David is the patron saint of Wales! And Gill is half Welsh so just perfect for today's inspiration!!

Daffodil daydream stampin up st David day card


My card started life as a strip of white cardstock that I stamped with the larger of the Daffodil stamps in memento black ink. I then coloured the images in using alcohol markers in a yellow called ... wait for it ... Daffodil Delight!! As well as a green called granny apple green and a light shade of orange called pumpkin pie.

Once I had coloured the stamped images in I took a ruler and a pencil and lightly drew a line across the image. The line was roughly half way up from the bottom edge. I then took a craft knife and carefully cut out all the landlocked areas of the image above the line. I do this before removing the larger areas as the piece is far more stable.

I then cut the larger areas out from above the line. After looking at it I decided to cut away below the line in places to make it feel less ridged.

Daffodil daydream stampin up st David's day card

Now I took a plain white card base and stamped directly onto the card base ensuring that they were higher up to make sure they would be seen above the ones on the first piece. I the coloured the images as before. 

I then used 3d foam to adhere the cut panel to the bottom of the card base. For the sentiment I die cut the words in white cardstock then used the daffodil delight and pumpkin pie alcohol markers to colour them in an ombre effect. 

Once the sentiment was coloured I adhered it to the card and all that was left was to add a few of the beautiful iridescent rhinestones. 

Daffodil daydream stampin up st David's day card

Now this card might not be for those who don't enjoy fussy cutting but all I can say is if you do give it a go it'll be worth it 😉

Have a lovely St David's day everyone xx

Daffodil daydream stampin up st David's day card


No comments:

Post a Comment