Friday 11 March 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Slim Sayings

For my last card this week. I really have had fun making this one. This very easy fun fold is made using only squares of card or Patterned Paper if you want to as that will work too. Slim Sayings stamp set has no images only sentiments but that hasn't stopped me at all this week. I have really enjoyed playing with this stamp set and the dies too. 

I started with 3 pieces of Night Of Navy card 14.85cm by 14.85cm or just under 6" by 6" in Imperial measurements. I then scored each piece at 7.4cm horisontally and vertically and once diagonally across from point to point going through the centres of each square. See below.


By holding the corners that were scored diagonally and pulling them together towards you get a beak like shape. Well, that's what someone called it last week! 😂 Following the folds and the direction that they go, the square will be folded into a quarter of it's size.

This can be made in almost any card size as long as it's a proper square. It can also be as long or as many panels as you want too! Once all 3 of the squares are scored and folded, make sure that the folds are burnished in both directions. That way the edges have both been stretched and will crease beautifully when the pieces are glued to each other. 

The top of the folded card above and below are side views when closed.
Below is the1st page once opened.

 
Above and below are pictures of the whole card when opened. You will see when folding your card, (should you decide to make one) that the 2 outer pieces will fold forward at the diagonals and the centre set will fold backwards. 
Another way of making this card is to use it as a brag book or memory album. Instead of adding sentiments you can add photographs or drawings. 
The shape is so versatile. When I decorated the card I used the mosaic pieces that come from the other large die. I can use the frame on another project but meanwhile the inner pieces are on this card. 
The papers that I used are from the Simply Elegant Speciality papers and Beauty of The Earth designer series paper. Both sets of these double sided papers are really gorgeous and so versatile in so many ways too.
 


 
Above is the stamp set and the dies that are Slim Sayings and the Slim Card Dies. As I said at the start of today's post I really have had great fun with the stamps and dies this week. Should you decide to buy them and I highly recommend you do, I am sure that you will be very impressed with them. 
 
Thank you for popping by this week. Cary will return next week with some more of her creations.
 
I will be back the week after Cary as usual but the weekend of the 19th and 20th March, Cary and I are holding our 1st annual retreat in person since lockdown 2 years ago and we will both be extremely exhausted when we return.
 Will we post on the blog when we return? Who knows? Hopefully we will be here in spirit if nothing else! 😂
 
Until I return, please stay safe, take care and be well but most of all.....
 
😍😍😍  KEEP ON CRAFTING!!!   😍😍😍
 





No comments:

Post a Comment