Thursday 3 March 2022

Throwback Thursday Daffodil Daydream

 Sometimes we just need a pop of colour to brighten our day and I know just one technique that shows this . Called the spotlight technique it is a great way to add a pop of colour. This technique is also perfect for use with the Daffodil Daydream  stamp set.

You start by stamping your image in black ink. Then you decide on a small area to cut out. You could use punches or dies or even scissors to remove you little area. Then you colour this piece before popping it back in to the stamped image.

Daffodil daydream stampin up pop of colour card

Don't you think this pop of colour is sure to brighten your day? I love the contrast between the smart monochromatic black and white with the bright  vibrant yellow called daffodil delight. 

I chose to use 3d foam to put my die cut shape back in with. I also die cut out 2 other areas but didn't colour these and adhered them flat.

Daffodil daydream stampin up spotlight technique card

I made the background panel by stamping randomly onto white cardstock with the same stamp. I then added a cute bow, a little butterfly and some gorgeous iridescent rhinestones. 

Daffodil daydream stampin up pop of colour technique card


I also did a simple decoration of a stamped and coloured butterfly on the inside of the card.

Daffodil daydream stampin up spotlight technique card

I love the layers on this card. They remind me of Gill. She loves making cards using lots of layers!!

Have a lovely day and I'll  see you back here tomorrow for my last card of this week. đŸ™‚

Daffodil daydream stampin up spotlight technique lots of layeres card


No comments:

Post a Comment