Monday 28 March 2022

Make it simple Monday Count on Me



 Happy Monday everyone 😀 and welcome to a week of inspiration featuring a stamp set called Count On Me. This super cute set is just adorable. Full of animals and some lovely sentiments it's suitable for all ages.

Count on me stampin up simple stamping easy card making

This set is a great one for those new to stamping as its images are clean and simple in many ways. They are also fabulous for colouring in , in many mediums. I have had great fun creating samples to share this week. 

For today's #simplestamping inspiration I have used the kangaroo.  I think she looks so sweet. I  stamped her in black ink then coloured her in with pencils. I used a rust brown/ orange as a base layer then went over with a grey pencil to create the body colour. Short strokes help create a feeling of texture. I coloured the flower in a pretty shade of pink with a yellow center just because it makes me smile.


Count on me stampin up simple stamping easy card making

I then felt as if the roo was kind of floating in the middle of thw white space. To combat this I could have used the grass stamp and given shadows underneath her. What I decided to do was to use a sentiment stamp to give my roo somewhere to nestle on the card.

Count on me stampin up fun easy simple stamping card

First I stamped the sentiment in black ink. Next I chose a soft grey colour ink and stamped the sentiment around the image in a staggered way down the right-hand side.

Count on me stampin up simple stamping easy card making

I really like to use my stash to it's upmost and using sentiments not just for the message is one such way. Sentiments can become a great tool to have in your stash to help create great backgrounds too. 
As always on a Monday I will be doing a Facebook live at 4pm BST on our page here.  If you can't make it live I will be sharing the link to the YouTube version here later today.

Count on me stampin up simple stamping easy card making

Here's the link to the video 

https://youtu.be/vAO7myip1JA



No comments:

Post a Comment