Friday 4 March 2022

Fun fold Friday Daffodil Daydream

 Well I've had a ball playing with the Daffodil Daydream bundle this week. I've got just one final project to share with you today. Called a center stepper card this fun fold was just right for the simple elegance of my chosen colour palette.  I wanted to create a card that was all white with gold heat embossed stamping. 

Daffodil daydream stampin up funfold center stepper card


There are many templates for this style of card . Mine is a tent fold style one that starts life as a piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 27.7cm. I  then marked at 2.5cm, 5cm and 16cm on each side. I scored in 2.5cm at each mark on both side. Then I cut between the end of the 2.5cm scoreline upto the end of the 16cm scoreline on both sides. The final score is made at 14cm across the center panel between the cuts.

The card is folded from the 2.5cm score line working upwards. The first score lines are folded as mountain folds. The next is a valley fold, then a mountain fold on the outside scorelines . The center panel score line is also a mountain fold.

I kept the decoration simple. I stamped in versamark and heat embossed the long scroll work in gold for each side. I then masked the stamp and heat embossed the smaller sections as well.

For the center I embossed a panel using an embossing folder called painted texture. I then stamped, heat embossed in gold and die cut out the larger of the daffodil stamps. 

I also stamped, heat embossed and die cut out some butterflies and a a sentiment. 

Daffodil daydream stampin up fun fold center stepper card

Daffodil daydream stampin up fun fold center stepper card


I chose to cut a piece of cardstock measuring 10cm x 11cm for the back of the card as the place to write a message. I decorated it simply with just a single gold heat embossed butterfly.

Daffodil daydream stampin up fun fold center stepper card


All in all this is a very simple looking card in many ways but I think it has an elegance all of its own. The other nice thing about this fold is that it folds flat and goes into a standard C6 envelope!

Daffodil daydream stampin up fun fold center stepper card

Well I have a busy weekend ahead of me as it's only 2 weeks until our annual weekend crafting retreat! I hope that what ever type of weekend you have planned that it goes well.

Please join me  here next week to see what beautiful inspiration Gill will be sharing with us all.

Have fun

Cary xx

Daffodil daydream stampin up fun fold center stepper card


No comments:

Post a Comment