Thursday 17 March 2022

Throwback Thursday Kite Delight

 Do you ever scroll around the Internet looking for inspiration only to find it much closer to home? Well that's exactly what happend to me as I was looking for a fun card to share today!

 I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous Kite Delight but wanted to do something I hadn't done for a while. Any way I stopped scrolling because I wasn't being inspired and went away. I then had a quick peek at Facebook and there was a link by someone whom I had the pleasure of meeting at a Stampin' Up! Event about 5 years ago!! Her name is Sarah Fry Edwards and she lives in Arazona in the USA. She was sharing a technique that I haven't used in such a long time!! 

What the technique is call I have no idea but I  like to think of it as colouring on black. Sarah said it reminded her of an old childhood toy called Lite Bright! 

Any way here is my project inspired by Sarah's cards.

Kite delight Stampin up colouring on black cardstock card

The way to create this bright bold look on black cardstock is easy when you know how 😉
It all starts with a piece of black cardstock which I stamped with versamark.  I then used white embossing powder and heated it up.  
Next I took my alcohol markers when the embossed areas where cool coloured them!!
So simple yet so effective!!
I kept the cardstock to just black and white so the the colours really popped.
For the inside I stamped a kite and tail in black onto a white mat. I then coloured inside the lines instead of on them!!



I really enjoyed making this card and can highly recommend it as a fun way to switch things up.

Kite delight Stampin up colouring on black cardstock card


No comments:

Post a Comment