Wednesday 9 March 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Slim Sayings

For today's card with the Slim Saying stamp set I started with some watercolour paper or Fluid 100 paper as we call it. Using a spritzer, I sprayed it well with water and put it to the side while I made the coloured base. Using some re-inkers in several colours, I dropped randomly all over a cello bag some Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo. I then spritzed it with water and as it was mixing the colours up, I laid the Fluid 100 paper on top of it. Leaving it for a few moments to soak up the colour before I lifted and inspected it. I was hoping that the pink was going to be stronger but no, It's mostly shades of yellow. That's great as I like the yellows too! 

The message was stamped with Mango Melody ink and then I kissed the edges of Melon Mambo ink pad. I love the way you get the different tones of colour throughout. Both pieces of paper were added to coloured card and mounted onto the White card base using Dimensionals or foam adhesive shapes.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment