Wednesday 23 March 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Handsomely Suited

 Hello, well I am sad to say that after the events of this last weekend, I am going to let you down! There is no watercolouring this week, sorry! Instead, using the Handsomely Suited stamp set and the dies called Suit and Ties dies, I created this jacket and tie. Strangely enough, I anticipated that it would be difficult but it was far from it. I chose to use some retired DSP from the matching range but that sadly has retired. I used the very simple plain colours as it's going to be sent to a friend who has just retired from working in London. Then I decided that it can be his birthday card instead as it's only a week after his retirement. 

Anyway, the dies to this set are brilliant. You can cut out the V in the centre of the jacket, add the lapels, collar, pocket and handkerchief. Really simple and very effective. I also made a card as a cardigan. That to me was an added bonus as suits are generally aimed at the men but not this time!




 
This is the cardigan version, I cut a simple strip for the welt, a few small circles for the buttons and gems on the top. The collar was a long strip of card with tear and tape on the back, then once the paper was removed from the tape, I fan folded the strip and curved it around the round neck which was a die cut circle from Layering Circles Dies.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment