Wednesday 2 March 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Daffodil Daydream

 The gorgeous weather has gone and we're back to grim, grots and grimy grey wet weather πŸ˜” But one of the wonderful advantages of crafting is that you get to lose yourself in a world of colour and can create beautiful things using lovely stash!! So for today's inspiration I used yellows, oranges and greens to create watercolour wash backgrounds to use with the fab Daffodil Daydream bundle

Daffodil daydream stampin up watercolour wash die cuts card

I started with watercolour paper and created washes in greens and yellows and oranges. I then used the dies from the set to cut out leaves , stems, bud and flower parts.

Daffodil daydream stampin up watercolour wash die cuts card

Next I adhered them all together to create a beautiful daffodil for the focal point of my card.

I cut myself a tall narrow card base and mat to go ontop in white cardstock. I then adhered the die cut daffodil onto the mat. I then took a strip of green pattern paper and placed it down the left hand side of the card base. I then added the mat ontop with 3d foam.


 
I then die cut out the 2 parts of the butterfly from the same background as the flowers. I also die cut a lable and stamped a sentiment in grey ink onto it. I used a little white bakers twine to make a little bow.

Daffodil daydream stampin up watercolour wash die cuts mother's day card



I love the way this beautiful card came out. The colours are gentle but still brightened my day.  I hope you like it as much as I do. πŸ™‚


Daffodil daydream stampin up watercolour wash die cuts mother's day card




No comments:

Post a Comment