Friday 25 March 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Handsomely Suited

Well it's Friday already. Time really does fly when you're having fun! My last card this week with the Handsomely Suited stamp set and dies is similar in a way to Wednesday but this is on one of my favourite fun folds. Using only half a sheet of A4 card cut at 10.5cm by 29.7cm and scored at 14.85cm. After the scoring was done I marked in pencilled the centre front edge of the card where it will be standing up. Then it was a case of pencil marking from the centre fold line 5cm down both of the front edges and then 10cm. Once they were marked, I laid them on the trimmer and scored the the edges really well. When scored I used my bone folder to burnish them really well after I got the desired folds in place, I added tear and tape and secured them behind the lower front point. I then cut a piece of DSP from the In Good Taste pack of paper at 10cm by 14.4cm. I marked this at the bottom centre of the mat and cut off the 2 outer edges from the mark that I made and the 2 outer corners of the top of the mat. 

Now I had 3 triangles, 2 right hand triangles and 1 Isosceles triangle. Using the die for the V, I lined it up and removed the centre of the DSP on the Isoscelels triangle. Then cut a white piece to fill in the space for the shirt. A button welt and set of buttons were die cut and glued using Tombow multipurpose glue into the centre of the triangle on the card. Adding the fancy pattern around it. The lapels were die cut in Night of Navy card and embossed with Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and added to the card with the bow tie. 

 

The 2 right angled triangles were added to the left and right of the inside of the card. Then I cut a white mat 10cm by 14.4cm and marking the centre point of the 10cm line and removed the white triangles. The white triangle was then added to the inside for sentiments. I like to repeat that last part for the rear of the front panel. I just think it looks tidier but that isn't essential.

The card really does stand beautifully and can be made in may different sizes so if you like to make different sized cards, it can be adapted very easily. 
That's it for me this week. Thank you for joining me and I hope that you've found something to inspire you to make some cards for yourself. 
Cary will return, (hopefully) refreshed next week and will show you some of her amazing projects. Until I return, please take care, stay safe and well but most of all.......
xxxxx KEEP ON CRAFTING xxxxx
Thank you, 
Gill  😍

2 comments: