Tuesday 15 March 2022

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Kite Delight

 When I first got started in papercrafting one of the first technique that I was awed by was tea bag folding. Originally made from the paper that tea bag were wrapped in these beautiful paper folded creations are similar to origami. The first time I saw the pretty floral kite it reminded me of a tea bag fold medallion. 

Teabag medallion kite delight Stampin up

The image that is above is just what came to mind when I thought of the tea bag folded medallion. 

So for my version I stamped and coloured 8 of the floral kites . I then cut them out. With their nice straight lines they're pretty easy to cut 😉.

I then popped a small square of scrap card onto my work area. I then played around placing the kites till they were in the right positions.  Then I carefully stuck them into place.

Kite delight Stampin up fun faux teabag folding medallion card

For the card I kept the background simple. A white card base, a coordinating coloured mat then a white mat that I embossed with an embossing folder called Tasteful Textile

A simgle iridescent rhinestone for the middle of the medallion and a sentiment was all that was needed for this elegant card.

Kite delight Stampin up faux teabag folding card

I hope you like my faux teabag folding medallion and will give it a go yourself.

Kite delight Stampin up faux teabag folding medallion card

No comments:

Post a Comment