Monday 7 March 2022

Make It Simple Monday - #simplestamping - Slim Sayings

 Hello and welcome back on this cold Monday morning. Didn't Cary make some gorgeous cards with the Daffodils last week? I love them! Today I am starting some projects using the NEW stamp set called Slim Sayings. As the name suggests they are aimed for tall cards or as is the fashion at the moment, DL shaped cards. Saying that thought, they are just as simple to use for the standard shaped or even square cards too.

My #simplestamping card is very that. I used my Marker pens to colour the stamps and as you can see from the pictures, I literally brushed a strip along each part of the stamp. I stamped this onto a plain white mat and then just edged the piece with one of the pens. For the inside, I repeated the same technique with the marker pens only this time, across the stamp. Adding a white card base underneath it completes the first card of the week.



Stampin' Write Marker pens are brilliant as you can buy them in 1 set as a whole lot. That is a set of 40 pens which includes the strong carry case or in a smaller set of a set of 10 pens. You can then add each of the other sets as and when you want to. The bonus is that you can also buy the In Colour pens to go with the sets too. They are a really good investment too as I've had my pens for over 11 years now and they are still going strong. If they start to dry out, you can just top them up with the re-inker bottles in each colour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment