Friday 25 November 2022

Fun fold Friday kindest Gnomes

 Wow where had the week gone??? It's  fun fold Friday today but it feels more like make it simple Monday to me 🤣 so what project am I sharing for today's final project using the gorgeous Kindest gnomes bundle and the ohh so cute  Storybook Gnomes pattern papers.

As it had been a busy week a simple fun fold was called for. A gatefold is a great starting point for simple fun folds. I'm calling this version a layered gatefold.

It starts put a piece of cardstock measuring 14.85cm x 29.7cm.  I then scored it at 9.9cm in from each end. With the piece layed out in the landscape orientation I then measured 10cm up from the bottom left-hand side and cut up to the score line. I then cut from that point to the top edge of the card along the 9.9cm score line. Now I measured up 6cm from the bottom right-hand side and cut across to the score line. I then cut up the score line to the top of the card. The diagram below should help make sense of the instructions 😜

Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card



Once the pieces are cut away fold the left-hand side in then the right-hand side over top. This creates the layered gatefold.


Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card

I decorated the card with layers of the gorgeous pattern paper . For the inside of the left-hand panel I created a pocket that will fit a gift card or act as a money wallet. 

Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card


I stamped, coloured and die cut the toadstool and gnomes. I also die cut some of the grass and mini toadstools from various coloured cardstock scraps. I then used a dauber and the same colour ink to add a little shading to them all. I used a white gel pen to add highlights to all the pieces.

Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card
 
The card still fits into a standard C6 envelope but could equally be wrapped in wrapping paper to become the gift.

Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card

Well that's  all for this week . I do hope that you've enjoyed my posts sharing my creations using this fun and adorable set.
Next week Gill will be sharing her creations with us so please stop by and take a look.
Have a great weekend and hopefully find some time to have a little fun.
Take care 
Have fun
Cary xxx


Kindest gnomes stampin up layered gatefold gift pocket card


No comments:

Post a Comment