Tuesday 22 November 2022

Tips tricks and techniques Kindest Gnomes

Well the weather out side is frightful so I'm inside crafting  which is delightful!! And as it's  getting closer to that special time of the year when we all send a lot more cards today's card will be a Christmas one.  But as today is tips, tricks and technique  Tuesday  I'm sharing a fun technique using the oh so cute Kindest Gnomes bundle .  The technique is called partial die cutting. It is a fun technique that I thought would work well with the dies that coordinate with the gnomes stamps.

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card

First I stamped the toadstool house onto a piece of basic white cardstock.  I then lined up the outline die over it. Now for the fun part I created the sandwich for my cut and emboss machine but only lined the top cutting plate over part of the die.

I drew an imaginary line vertically down the image and placed the edge of the cutting plate upto it. As it goes through the machine it will only cut the part of the die that has been sandwiched between all the layers.

Once die cut I took a ruler and a scoring tool and scored along the line to create a hinge. Next I dry embossed the piece with a fun embossing folder called Whimsical woodland

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card


I then stamped , coloured  and die cut out another seperate toadstool.  I then adhered the coloured toadstool to the one on the cardstock mat and scored along the hinge line.

Now it was time to stampj colour and die xut out my gnomes. I kept the colours pastel and non traditional just for fun. 

I cut a piece of pretty paper and matted it onto a card base . Then I popped the toadstool mat up on 3d foam and placed a panel of white glimmer paper behind it. I adhered this onto the card base.

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card


I used some pretty coloured sequines to add a little to the front. I then added my gnome behind the toadstool door I'd created. 

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card
 
For the inside I used a strip of the pretty paper and another of the gnomes.

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card

Partial die cutting is a fun technique that is really rather simple so long as you think it through ๐Ÿ™‚ I would suggest  practicing so you get the hang of it before starting your project . It will be worthwhile promise ๐Ÿ˜‰

Any way I had fun creating this pretty card on a dark and dismal day. Don't  you agree that no matter the weather outside crafting makes the world a brighter place ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Kindest gnomes stampin up partial die cutting technique cute Christmas card

 

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant technique! Love the colours you've used. Thank you for sharing, will defo have to try this
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š It's definitely one to try. It works well with so many dies . Have fun ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete