Wednesday 23 November 2022

Watercolour Wednesday Kindest Gnomes

 Every Monday at 4pm GMT I do a Facebook live over on our Facebook page here Why am I telling you this wellllll... On Monday's live I showed how to create with the baby wipe technique.  During the live I created a few background pieces. And it's one of these pieces that became the key part for today's card using the Kindest Gnomes bundle.

Here's the video of how I made the backgrounds


I loved the way the panel on the wet paper turned out. I thought it had a real tie-dye feel this combined with the cute gnomes would make a great card. Here is a screenshot of the background piece. I got so caught up in creating that I forgot to take a proper photo 🤪



Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card

I'm calling this a watercolour technique as I used wet white cardstock and reinkers 😉

So now I had the groovy paper and the gnome stamps and dies what to do.... well the gnome dies are not just out line dies! They also have dies that cut out the bits to make your own gnome!!!

Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card

So I started by using the hat die and die cut out 4 hats from the tie-dye watercolour piece. Then I cut out the noses and boots. I used a sponge dauber to add a little shading to the edge's. 

I also die cut 4 beards out of white cardstock.  I  then took out the white from the Pearlized enamel effects and added a few dots of it onto the beards. Next take  a damp water painter and smooth the enamel effects all over. This will give the beards a gorgeous pearlescent look.

Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card


I have always enjoy creating punch art and these dies are just as fun to play/ create with.  I love the way that the set also includes the grass and toadstools 🍄

So here it is...

Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card

Aren't they just the cutest groovy gnomes???
I liked them so much I  had to pop one on the inside too...

Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card

Do you like the ho ho ho? It's  from a fun alphabet stamp set called Alphabest. The sentiment is from the kindest gnomes stamp set. 
I'm  really pleased with how this card turned out. 

Kindest gnomes stampin up groovy watercolour  babywipe technique Christmas card



No comments:

Post a Comment