Thursday 24 November 2022

This or That Thursday Kindest Gnomes

 Yesterday I picked my grandson up from school and took him home. We spent the afternoon playing games. He only started school in September but is loving learning learning to read. One of the games we played involved choosing and that reminded me that I needed to write today's  post! This or That Thursday is all about making a  choice . For us crafters today's choice is whether we like project A or B. Both are made with the fun Kindest Gnomes stamps and the fabulous pattern paper that coordinates with them.  Called Storybook Gnomes they are just delightful 😀 

Kindest gnomes stampin up fun mini cards

I had an idea to do a mini card with a coordinating hand made envelope using the pretty paper. My first idea was to create a rectangular card.

Kindest gnomes stampin up fun mini cards

I used a stitched rectangle die to cut throught a folded piece of basic white cardstock.  This gave me a cute 8cm x 9cm card base. I chose to decorate  it simply with  a gnome , sentiment and a few Fine sparkle adhesive backed gems
The card was cute but hardly revolutionary.  So I decided to create a circular version! 

Kindest gnomes stampin up fun mini cards

I used  the largest circle die I had and placed the die so that it went slightly over the folded edge. This ensured my card had a hinge. I then die cut another circle the same size and adhered it to the front so that it covered the folded edge.
I then decorated it in the same manner as my first mini card.

Now it was time to create custom sized envelopes for my luttle cuties. I started with  a piece of pattern paper measuring 18cm x 14.5cm. 
I then scored it at 4.5cm and 17cm landscape.  Along the portrait edge I scored at 2cm and 10.5cm. Then remove the 4 corner panels. Then fold the 2 sides over and adhere them to create a sleeve. The 2 cm edge folds over and is secured to become the bottom of the envelope. The 4cm panel becomes the envelope flap.

Mini envelope template

They worked out just right for the mini cards .


Kindest gnomes stampin up fun mini cards




Kindest gnomes stampin up fun mini cards

So which do I like the best 🤔 I'm  not sure what about you? Rectangle or circle?


No comments:

Post a Comment