Wednesday 2 November 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Santa's Delivery

Well, I have discovered that I cannot for the life of me, watercolour Santa and his train! I tried 4 times and eventually gave up! So back to the drawing board and I made a background. Using the Fluid 100 watercolour paper and 3 drops of the pale blue of Balmy Blue ink refil into a tablespoon of water, I mixed it up then washed it across the paper and let it dry. Then I added some Orchid Oasis ink refil, a soft purple and mixed that into the blue and washed that across the top portion of the card and let that dry. Once that was dry I then went on to use the Starry Sky ink refil. I repeated the same process with only a few drops of the refil but added it to the previously coloured water. That was also washed across the whole of the paper and again left to dry. 

I decided to add a sky full of snowflakes to the now dry mat. Using Versamark, I stamped the snowflake stamp from the Christmas Scottie stamp set all over the blue paper and poured some white embossing powder all over before I heat set it. Once done, I added the Santa's train over the top. As I had such a disaster with my colouring the train, I used the Blends pens to colour it all in. A sentiment at an angle and this card is completed.






No comments:

Post a Comment