Friday 16 June 2023

Fun Fold Friday - Men's Cards - Reach For The Stars

 I just love the stamp set Reach For The Stars. The Stargazing papers too are gorgeous so what more can I say other than I have had to share one of my cards from last weekend's class. This is a fun fold like I made a few weeks ago which was a design of Susan Campfield, her Flying Seagull card. I used Lemon Lime Twist card for the card base and main central mat and white for the mat on the reverse. 

I cut 2 pieces of card 10.5cm by 21cm and scored them both at 5.7cm, 10.1cm and 15.8cm. The 2 pieces which measure 5.2cm are folded in and butted up together where I added tape to join them. I then added a square of white card 10.3cm by 10.8cm wide to the back where you will be able to write on. The front will have 2 pieces that look like they are 'floating' around in the centre. To that, I added a piece of card 10.5cm by 10.5cm to the 2 'floating' pieces. If you hold the 2 outer edges with the central coloured mat on the bottom, you can see why Susan called it a flying seagull card. 

Make sure that all of the score lines are very well burnished so that you get a more fluid movement to the card. From there, it was just a case of measuring the panels and adding decorations to it. I added 2 white panels which I dry embossed using 1 of the 3 the Basics 3D embossing folders. I chopped several of the part planets from the Stargazing DSP and an occasional whole one to mine. I added a piece of DSP to the central green mat and stamped the sentiment and a few stars too using the White Ink pad.


 
 
The picture above reminds me of a grasshopper not a seagull! You can see that by folding the outer folds behind the front central panel, it will fold flat and fit into a standard C6 envelope.





That is it once again from me. I hope you have found some inspiration to make some cards for yourself too. 

Cary will be back as usual on Monday so please pop by to see what she has made to inspire you. 

Until I return, stay safe, keep well but as always...

KEEP ON CRAFTING!

😍😍 xx Gill xx 😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment