Thursday 29 June 2023

This or That Thursday - Translucent Florals

 Both of my projects for today are partially from the weekend of crafting with Stampin Up demonstrators from all over the world. It was great fun. Mine are not as they were meant to be as I changed them quite a lot. We used the Translucent Florals stamp set, Gray Granite card and Very Vanilla card. The first is the Congratualations card that I stamped the small seeded plant 3 times across a mat of the gray and then using the vanilla card, I stamped the big leaves in Old Olive ink and die cut it out. I don't have any of the new ribbon as yet so I used the gorgeous silky Gray Granite ribbon. Each of the mats were die cut with the Deckled Rectangles dies. I used the Fern embossing folder for the front panel once I had stamped all over it.

My first card is THIS 



 
My second card is You're The Best, made in Poppy Parade and Basic White card. Simply stamped 2 of the flowers in Poppy Parade, the stalks in Old Olive and the 2 sets of leaves in Old Olive too. I also stamped the leaves onto a piece of vellum and fussy cut them out. The vellum was curled over a ball/embossing tool to add some dimension to the leaves. I stamped the flowers aross the red card base and it seems to add more interest to the card base. Another of the Deckled Rectangles, a sentiment and adding the leaves with a glue dot to hold them in position.

My second card is THAT




So that is my 2 cards for this and that today. Which is your favourite?

2 comments:

  1. I like the colored one, BUT, I believe the first one, (this) card would be my first pick if it was on black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete