Wednesday 21 June 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Circle Sayings say

 A fun watercolour background for today's sample using ink pads, water spritzer, watercolour paper and acrylic blocks. Whilst perusing the internet I can across an image of some random shapes that were splodged onto the paper.... from that I came up with the idea of using my smallest acrylic blocks as stamps. As I started all I knew was that I wanted a background that I could put a bold focal point on. I wanted to use just sentiments from the Circle Sayings stamps.

I also wanted to use a piece of my favourite pattern paper,  well my favourite this week anyway 😉, as inspiration. The paper is from a pack called Stargazing.  It is an amazing pack full of beautiful bold bright patterns. ( which has 15% off till the end of this month 😀)

Circle sayings stampin up watercolour backgrounds bold card

So I took my colour palette from the beautiful orage and pink planets sheet.  With this in mind I picked 2 shades of pink, a yellow, an orange and a lilack coloured inks to use.


Circle sayings stampin up watercolour backgrounds bold card

I then took my watercolour paper and spritzed it with water. I then took my acrylic blocks stamped them onto the ink pad. Spritzed that with water too and stamped it onto the paper. I repeated it in a random pattern using both square and rectangular acrylic blocks . I then spritzed the finished piece to make sure the colours ran the way I wanted them too. 

Circle sayings stampin up watercolour backgrounds bold card

Once dry I adhered the panel onto a navy blue card base. I stamped the sentiments onto another piece of navy cardstock in versamark and used white embossing powder to heat emboss them. Make sure you use an anti static bag when heat embossing on dark cardstock especially. 

Circle sayings stampin up watercolour backgrounds bold card

I then used some gorgeous iridescent and silver sequins and adhered them randomly over the piece. In real life they catch the ligjt beautifully and twinkle like stars 🌟 
As the card is a shorter then normal slimline/ dl card I created a simple envelope using some of the gorgeous pattern paper.  With the planets on the inside the our side is a dark bluey black patter so I die cut a fun shape in white cardstock and adhered that to the front so it can be posted.

Circle sayings stampin up watercolour backgrounds bold card

Join me here tomorrow for more inspiration using the Circle Sayings bundle of fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment